*@muggo
*
Hi Paul

I found my Odroid u3 but that was running Lubunto 14.4 which had a
Max2play image installed on it. I was able to upgrade the LMS to Version
8.2.0

The Perl version was 18.2 which would likely present problems with some
plugins

I can't find the eMMC reader / write module so I can not try the (Ubuntu
Mate) image offered by Max2play.

A replacement reader cost just under £4, but there are "extras".  I'm
not paying for something I will only use once.

36399

I suggest two option:

Buy a 16gb micro SD card (and maybe a reader) and install this image

https://www.max2play.com/en/download/22173/

That should allow some use (I don't know for how long)

If it does't work, then go with the following

(or)

Buy a raspberrypi (from an "Approved Reseller", I use The Pi Hut).

You will also need an "official" power supply, SD card and reader and
any other cables you might want.

This will allow the installation and maintenance of LMS for a long time

As you allready have piCoreplayer installed on a raspberry pi, update to
the latest image and install LMS alongside the player. Old rpi will run
both player and server, the configuration is slower, but that's about
all, really.

Plenty of help available from myself, and, no doubt, others here

ronnie

|Filename: Odroid uk shipping.png                                   |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36399|