maybe I can offer an alternative approach to using the ip address in
explorer. I have always followed the instructions here to mount the
drive, configure samba, and create a windows network location (note the
how toos might be a bit outdated):

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/add_usb_hdd/

The only time I have had issues it was my fault, either:
-windows cannot find network location- - I either have the server name,
or the share name, wrong. Note it is case sensitive.
set correctly, or I entered it wrong.

Here is an example from one of my setups:
37469

At the top I created two mount points to my pi connected HDD, one for
music, and one for "data" (LMS config files). The arrows show "Music".
In samba I set a server name (MoyerLMS) and a share name (MoyerLMSMusic)
along with the share path, etc. Done on pi side.

On windows, right click on "This PC" (my picture text is wrong in saying
"My computer"), add network location, enter \\<server name>\<share
name>. If you don't get it right, you will get the not found error. I
think you then are asked for the un and pw, maybe when you try to access
it

Jim

|Filename: samba.png                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37469|