muggo wrote:
> Thanks guys
> I've mounted the USB drive as per the instructions from Redrum (thanks
> Jim)
> I'm now forced to rescan the whole library which will take an hour or
> more so I'll report back later.
> ;)

progress!

It may have been mentioned before, and it might be a bit premature, but
a few of us here use freefilesync to mirror our library after additions,
changes, etc. (there are others I have not used, rsync?)

What I do, is my primary music library, which I maintain, add to, etc
resides on my pc. I use freefilesync to maintain a mirror of the library
on the pi HDD. I also use it to mirror to another SS HDD that I take to
another location to mirror to that pi HDD.

It is a bit extra work when you add new music, say, rip a CD to PC,
freefilesync to pi HDD, rescan @ pcp.

But the nice thing is that you have backup(s) of your music library.
Similarly, I backup my PC's personal files (documents, photos, etc) to
the pi HDD using freefile sync as well. So my personal files are also
backed up.

Jim