Hi,

At 18.12 21/02/2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

Actually, it is a mirror of Microsoft's Update Service.  All updates (my
concern is Critical Updates) are downloaded locally and by changing the
"wuserver" registry key on the client machine, they get their critical
updates via MSUS locally.  Essentially the same as going out to Microsoft's
servers but saving loads of bandwidth.

Again, I know MS SUS, I'm a SUS 2.0 beta tester !!!

Is there a way to redirect a specific URL in squid to a web server inside
the network?

Again NO:

- SUS doesn't mirror all Windows Update services contents
- All updates are digitally signed and verified, so you cannot fake the
Windows update site: Your clients will search for ORIGINAL Windows updates Digital Signatures, not for the Digital signatures generated from SUS.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69             10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426      Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/