On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-2] Éliás [iso-8859-2] Tamás wrote:

> Sorry, I couldn't help, but a simple question...
> How it is possible running a a windows update server? Are there any free
> inmplementaions of it (to run on linux), or it is a product of m$?

>From what I can see windowsupdate is just a HTTP server. All the fancy
logics on what to apply to your computer is executed by the active-x
component run locally on your computer by the browser.

To set up a local windows-update server you shoud only need to mirror the
files, and have the requests redirected to your local mirror instead of
the MS servers.

Regards
Henrik