I would say +1 for binary search..
Remove all specials and make it:
https_port 10.x.x.95:443 accel
cert=/usr/newrprgate/CertAuth/cert/cert.crt
key=/usr/newrprgate/CertAuth/cert/key.pem defaultsite=server_1.uk

Which will minimize it to a working settings which works on every linux version with any openssl library I know of.

If it won't work I will verify that the certificates are in the right format and if not convert them to the right format..

Else then that is to compile it from src on this or similar machine and find out if you have the same issue with a self signed certificate.

I have not tested it yet on my build node but unless something is really odd it should work with no issues.

Eliezer