Hey Amos,

I was thinking about something in the past and I will try my best to understand what can be done. Basically from what I understand even a read is not possible due to SELINUX by squid. So by that: A simple file "open" for read test on the certificates or even any other settings related files basic test can help to identify issues.

What do you think about a basic "read"(and maybe a stat on the file for debug) test for all the main files?
Compared to squid load this would be a piece of cake.

Specifically for the certificate is one thing since OpenSSL dosn't provide too much.

A pointer to find where the certificate read happens will be helpful.