Brian Candler writes:

Next:
(1) what was the ./configure line you used to build sqwebmail?
(2) what authentication module(s) are you using? i.e. what do you get from
the following two commands:
# cat authmodulelist
# grep authmodulelist authdaemonrc
(3) when you login, the username is displayed at the top-right of the screen
- is this correct or is it also corrupted?

All this information comes out of the auth modules, so if there's a bug
there then it would provide a bad username - garbage in, garbage out.

If you're using authvchkpw, then what version of libvpopmail do you have?
libvpopmail has had problems with uninitialised buffers in the past.

If you're using authpam: please post the exact matching line from
/etc/passwd. This again is so that we can try to replicate the problem.

Finally, what's the exact O/S that you're running under, and the version of
gcc used to compiled it?

Regards,

Brian.

1. ./configure --enable-cgibindir=/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin \
--enable-imagedir=/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/images/sqwebmail \
--enable-imageurl=/images/sqwebmail \
--with-db=gdbm \
--enable-mimetypes=/etc/httpd/mime.types \
--without-authdaemon \
--with-authvchkpw \
--enable-autopurge=3 \
--enable-maxpurge=30 \
--with-maxformargsize=6291456 \
--with-maxmsgsize=6291456 \
--enable-softtimeout=3600 \
--enable-unicode=utf-8,iso-8859-1

2. authvchkpw

3. The display name is no problem.

I am using SuSE linux 8.0, vpopmail 4.3.2 and gcc 2.95.3

Regards,
Mick