simbo adeyemi writes:

Hello, i saw this config lines for authpam.

#%PAM-1.0
 auth    required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
 account required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

But on my system, i only have /lib i dont have /lib/security/pa****

Well, then, CHANGE it to whatever your system needs to have here.

I figured this is why i am not being authenticated on my login window.
I am using freebsd 5.2, please can anyone help? :-(

Different platforms use different PAM configurations. The default is just a default. You are expected to use whatever PAM modules are appropriate for your system, wherever they happen to be installed.