From: Brian Candler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 2:15 PM
To: simbo adeyemi
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] users

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:35:10PM +0200, simbo adeyemi wrote:
> My sqwebmail is installed and it works fine. Issue is, currently, i have
> create users on my system. I use authpam authentication.
> I would like a senario where my users dont have to recide on my server. In
> such a case i know i'll probably be considering some other form of
> authentication.
> Please would someone enlighten me on how this can be achieved?

Type 'man authlib' for a list of options. Probably the easiest one to get up
and running is 'authuserdb', because it requires no external database
software. Otherwise you can use authldap / authmysql / authpgsql depending
on which type of database you're comfortable setting up and running.

You'll also need to configure your MTA, when delivering incoming mail, to do
so by reference to tables or a database instead of the password file. That's
very much dependent on which MTA you're using.

Regards,

Brian.