Hi Alex

> There are lots of strategies for reducing message size, although the
> RFC-recommended (better said, mandated :-) approach is just to switch to TCP
> whenever your message sizes come within 200 bytes of the MTU, if I'm not
> mistaken.

Those CPE do not support TCP.

> Otherwise:
>
> 1) Turn on compact (abbreviated) SIP headers;

I would love to do that. But can I somehow instruct kamailio to
translate all headers to their compact format?

> 2) Strip header fields you can do without. This is dangerous territory, but
> clearly some headers are less important than others, like "Date" or "Allow";

Done that, removed User-Agent and some more. Still not enough if there
are 5 or more Via and RR header.

> 3) Do not offer any unnecessary codecs, reducing SDP bloat.

The message body is not the issue, this seems to be handled in a
different memory buffer. The CPE crashed with a 'memory buffer too
small' when composing the reply to an invite with 5 or more Via and RR
even with minimalistic SDP. On the other hand, I threw a huge SDP with
ICE and Crypto to that CPE and it handled it well when only one Via and
no RR was present (after being handled by topos).

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden