Hi All,

I am attempting to install the stirshaken module for kamailio and I ran into a
couple issues installing the open source c library for libstirshaken. When I
use the make command, I'm getting this error:

src/stir_shaken.c: In function 'stir_shaken_is_key_trusted':
src/stir_shaken.c:726:9: error: 'EVP_PKEY_cmp' is deprecated: Since OpenSSL 3.0
[-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
  726 |         if (!EVP_PKEY_cmp(pkey, candidate_pkey)) {
      |         ^~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/x509.h:29,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/libks2/libks/ks_ssl.h:25,
                 from /usr/include/libks2/libks/ks.h:80,
                 from include/stir_shaken.h:15,
                 from src/stir_shaken.c:1:
/usr/include/openssl/evp.h:1418:5: note: declared here
 1418 | int EVP_PKEY_cmp(const EVP_PKEY *a, const EVP_PKEY *b);
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~
At top level:
cc1: note: unrecognized command-line option
'-Wno-gnu-zero-variadic-macro-arguments' may have been intended to silence
earlier diagnostics
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:1337: src/stir_shaken.lo] Error 1

I tried going into the stir_shaken file and changing EVP_PKEY_cmp to
EVP_PKEY_eq, but it just brings up more deprecation errors. I also tried
rolling back the openssl version on my machine to openssl version 1.1 and
changing EVP_PKEY_eq back to EVP_PKEY_cmp, but the same error persists. Is
there any way to resolve this error, or is there another library that can be
used to get the stirshaken module for kamailio?

Thanks in advance,
Temi