Hello,

this looks like related only to the libstirshaken project, nothing to do
with Kamailio module. Apparently is about deprecated functions treated
as errors, but you have to address the issue to the libstirshaken project.

Alternatively, in Kamailio you can use secsipid module, which also
offers STIR/SHAKEN functionality.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 28.05.24 23:20, tfayomi--- via sr-users wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am attempting to install the stirshaken module for kamailio and I ran into
> a couple issues installing the open source c library for libstirshaken. When
> I use the make command, I'm getting this error:
>
> src/stir_shaken.c: In function 'stir_shaken_is_key_trusted':
> src/stir_shaken.c:726:9: error: 'EVP_PKEY_cmp' is deprecated: Since OpenSSL
> 3.0 [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
>   726 |         if (!EVP_PKEY_cmp(pkey, candidate_pkey)) {
>       |         ^~
> In file included from /usr/include/openssl/x509.h:29,
>                  from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:31,
>                  from /usr/include/libks2/libks/ks_ssl.h:25,
>                  from /usr/include/libks2/libks/ks.h:80,
>                  from include/stir_shaken.h:15,
>                  from src/stir_shaken.c:1:
> /usr/include/openssl/evp.h:1418:5: note: declared here
>  1418 | int EVP_PKEY_cmp(const EVP_PKEY *a, const EVP_PKEY *b);
>       |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> At top level:
> cc1: note: unrecognized command-line option
> '-Wno-gnu-zero-variadic-macro-arguments' may have been intended to silence
> earlier diagnostics
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> make: *** [Makefile:1337: src/stir_shaken.lo] Error 1
>
> I tried going into the stir_shaken file and changing EVP_PKEY_cmp to
> EVP_PKEY_eq, but it just brings up more deprecation errors. I also tried
> rolling back the openssl version on my machine to openssl version 1.1 and
> changing EVP_PKEY_eq back to EVP_PKEY_cmp, but the same error persists. Is
> there any way to resolve this error, or is there another library that can be
> used to get the stirshaken module for kamailio?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Temi

Daniel-Constantin Mierla (@ asipto.com)
twitter.com/miconda -- linkedin.com/in/miconda
Kamailio Consultancy, Training and Development Services -- asipto.com