Hi all,

On 13-Jun-00 Gregor Mosheh wrote:

> There's some confusion, I've noticed, about the value of PATH.
>
> Under Linux and Solaris, use the name of the directory that contains
> the
> libwrap.a file:   --with-libwrap=/usr/local/lib
>
> The docs say to specify the path of the libwrap.a file. perhaps this is
> for other OSs:   --with-libwrap=/usr/local/lib/libwrap.a

I always compile with the full path and the library on all machines with
no problem.

> Either way, it's unusual for libwrap.a to be in the SSH build
> directory.
> Did you put it there on purpose? It's a useful thing to keep around in
> your /usr/local/lib directory.

Many people either install the binary version of tcp-wrappers which
doesn't have the library at all or forget to install the library by hand
since it doesn't get installed by thw wrapper package. Yes /usr/lib or
/user/local/bin is the best place for it. Most Linux distributions put it
in /usr/lib.

Carl

> --
> Gregor Mosheh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Systems Admin, Humboldt Internet
> 707.825.4638
>

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, John Jenkins wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile ssh v2.1.0 with libwrap support under IRIX 6.2.
>> I've tried the with-libwrap=PATH configure option, but configure fails
>> complaining about not being able to find libwrap.a (which is located
>> in the ssh build directory). What's the trick to this in IRIX? I had
>> no problems whatsoever doing the build in Solaris.
>>
>> John Jenkins
>> Systems Manager
>> Preclinical Computing Group
>> Voice:  (314)747-3438
>> Pager:       490-6289
>> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

E-Mail: Carl J. Nobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 14-Jun-00                             Phone: 315-453-2912 Ex. 5336
Time: 08:00:35                                Fax: 315-479-0859

Software Engineering Group -- AppliedTheory Corp.
224 Harrison Street, 6th Floor, Syracuse, NY  13202