Hi *,

At present I have got "original"-ssh (not openSSH) Version 1.2.26
running.
So, When I am userA and do a "slogin -l userB targethost", Iam able to
read the
environment-Variable called REMOTEUSER to determine which user
(in this case user A) called userB's shell. This is a not well
documented feature of
the "original"-ssh and available since I guess Version 1.2.23.

As we would like migrate to openSSH in early future, I need to know, If
openSSH
also provides any mechanism to determine the remote-user (=calling user)

eg. by reading an environment variable or a file or whatever. I of cause
read the
respective man-pages, but I couldn't get any hint how to do. Also the
environment-variable REMOTEUSER doesn't seem to exist in OpenSSH?
Is that right or Is there any substitution available?

Did someone had the same issue? or does someone have a good hin?
I would be happy to hear from you!

Thanks
Christoph Lutz