On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Robert Forkner wrote:

> I am needing to know if sftp will allow for ASCII file transfers?  It seems
> to be defaulting to binary, and I need it to be ASCII for some scripts that
> need uploading.  More specifically, I have some users that are using the GUI
> sftp, and their scripts are not working because window appends the '^M"
> escape character on line returns.  This is nothing new to ftp, but if I
> could control how it's being uploaded (e.g., ASCII instead of BINARY), then
> my problem should be solved.

this needs to be a FAQ. :) everything in sftp is binary, and it doesn't,
right now, do cr->lf translation.

there are some hacks around for it, but i would just run it thru sed.

--
   Blue Lang                                    http://www.gator.net/~blue
   202 Ashe Ave, Apt 3, Raleigh, NC.                          919 835 1540