On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 09:59:20AM -0500, Jerry W. Lawrence wrote:

> Now, when a user logs on and 'hits' ttyp2, the shell
> will not accept any input.  All other ttyps work
> fine.

I've seen a similar problem on AIX involving telnet.  The only fix for
it (that I know of) is rebooting.  As a workaround, you can "sacrifice"
a telnet or ssh session to keep that tty from going into circulation
(i.e., open up a telnet/ssh window to the affected host, and if it's
ttyp2, then keep that window up but don't use it) -- that way users
won't get hit by it.