<<  The only CNC machining of steel, for example, was done by a EDM machine.
I am
 told they will hold a tolerance of .010, or maybe better.  How does this
relate
 to  laser or oxy/acetylene accuracy? >>
Royce-
      The parts we got from the laser machines were within .002" or better.
Hole diameters were very accurate to within +- 001".  It really depends a lot
on the type of material and the setup of the machine.   I have seen the
results of a wire feed EDM used at the Submarine Repair Facility in Bangor WA
that held a tolerance of less than .005"  but it was not nearly as fast as
the laser.

Salty