Hello!

R-H recommends butane and isobutane to be used in their tanks.

I use isobutane in cool to colder weather and butane in the summer.  You
can stock up on butane at a tobacconist or
http://www.elighters.com/r1.html.  For isobutane, you can find it at
camping stores or http://www.rei.com and search for butane/isobutane.

Boating or marine stores may have butane as well.

I have not had problems finding butane or isobutane in the bustling
metropolis of Harrisburg, PA; so, I have not had to resort to the
propane mixes.

Free advice: follow the factory manual so as to keep your R-H warranty
in force.

Regards,
Joe

"David M. Cole" wrote: (SNIP)