Hello Listers.

We just had a nice steamup at Larry Herget's house.  During one of the usual
steamup discussions, one of the guests made the comment that St. Louis would
be a nice central location for a national steamup.  I thought I would throw
some of the comments out to this list to see what the rest of you think.
Briefly, here are some of the questions/concerns which came out of that
discussion.  Any comments that you have will be greatly appreciated.
Remember, these are just comments made during a short discussion.

1.  The Spring National Small Scale Steamup has not been accepted as well as
was hoped.  One of the reasons may be the California location.  It is a 2 -
2 1/2 day or more drive for those of us who live here in the Midwest, longer
for those on the East coast.  The six or eight days of travel time takes a
huge chunk of vacation time.  Air travel cuts the size and number of engines
that can be carried.

2.  Is another steamup needed, or are the Diamondhead and California
steamups enough?  Would another steamup compete with Diamondhead or
California?

3.  Would the St. Louis area  be a acceptable location?  By this, I mean is
the drive here within a reasonable time.?

4.  Would a steamup date in late March or early April (the off season in St.
Louis) be acceptable?

5.  To sum it up, would anyone be willing to attend a Steamup in Missouri,
in the spring, just 3 months after Diamondhead?

Again, remember, these are just comments/concerns brought up during a short
discussion.  What do you think?

Keep your steam up,

Tom Eaton