In a message dated 11/9/00 3:01:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I must admit that the price of an Aster loco amazes me sometimes.  And you
should see the diamond bracelet my wife wears these days - acquired just
before she bought me a Roundhouse "Argyll" !!  She's talking about a necklace
- suspiciously similar to the one Susan describes.  I'm waiting to see my
Accucraft #42 live steamer before I even think about necklaces.

But to get to the point...  I watched an Aster Big Boy in action a few weeks
ago.  Awesome was putting it mildly.  All that minature engineering in
action.  It even has working cylinder drain cocks - the owner had to rush
around flipping them all closed as it slowly took off with a train of 30
boxcars.  That doesn't come cheap.

Nor do necklaces, so if she's willing to buy me an Allegheny....

    Pete