As the owner of a small factory, 30 employees, I agree, with the first part
being correct for production items but not for a limited edition, basically
hand built item.

> If it really is "a fully functioning museum quality piece" then I can see
> where the 20K plus price tag may be coming from (given that end purchase
> price should be at least five times basic manufacturing material cost for
> any company that wants to make a profit and be able to grow as a
business).

As my brother says.."You go to have the write ons before you get the write
offs"

> Perhaps the other way would be to set up as an Aster distributor, then an
> Allegheny could be purchased at trade and used as a demonstrator to
promote
> the product(s). Written down over three to five years I am sure there
would
> be a tax break in there somewhere! Who knows, one may even manage to sell
> few and make a profit!

> "Susan's Live Steam Locomotive Company" - Flights of Fancy and Virtual
> Locomotives in Miniature!

You don't have a brother in the states that was going to make some "sparker"
shays do you?

> Cheques to my Swiss banks account please :-)

Yours in the Hobby

Dan

http://www3.telus.net/pantages