G3/1 tie
>strip mold for code 250 rail.
>What a shame.

Clark ,

The big problem here is if one were to make a gauge 1/3 tie strip, the gauge 1 would
be correct for 1:20 NG
models but gauge 3 is not correct for 1:20 Std. gauge models and you would be ignoring
all (all?) of the
modelers who want to do 1:20 Std. gauge. So the other possibility would be to do a
gauge 1 tie strip with a
correct 1.783 gauge for the 1:20 Std. gauge. The problem here is that you ignore all
of the gauge 3 modelers
(all? I don't really know how many there are)

I have looked into this as well and have been in discussion with reps from both
groups. The final conclusion
was that there was not enough interest nor commitment to purchase to make the project
worthwhile. There is
only one correct thing to do and that would be to go with the 1:20 dual gauge. We did
the cad drawings for
such a project about 2 years ago!  GaryB