Salty,

  My Mamod is just as you described. Puny.
  On the other hand, I have spent no time whatsoever trying to correct it's
power problems. I've seen a few that really did a good job. My Jane (mentioned
in an earlier e-mail) is essentially the same locomotive with several
enhancements and refinements. I consider Jane to be a great performer so I'm
sure that with a little time spent on the Mamod it could be as well.
  Maybe I'll bring my 'ole Mamod to DH for the trading room and let someone else
who wants to play with it have a crack at converting it to a Mikado. <HUGE grin>

Later,
Trent