Hi Geoff,
     I have also seen the flaired springs, but not in small gauge sizes. So
I use small parrallel springs. They are ok for the small amount of bending
I need to do. The Dubro tube bender from airplane or boat model shops looks
good also.

     Am I the only other person who understood your comment on "Catherine
Wheels"?.
     Bet no one knows who Guy Fawkes was either!!!.
     "Rule Britannia!".
      Tony D.