All,

Bill Baxley had his K4 at Dan Liebowitz' a couple of
Saturday's ago.  I was watching him light the burner and was
very impressed by what I saw.  He opened the smokebox door
and lit the gas.  Then, without hesitation, closed the
door.  That part peaked my attention as I know they aren't
that easy to light.  Out of nowhere he produced a rubber
bulb.  Sealing the orifice end of the bulb against the
smokestack, he gave a quick squeeze.  With a "whoosh", the
fire jumped back and settled on the burner with that
satisfying sound.  Clever guy...  (I hope that wasn't a
patented maneuver Bill!)

The rubber bulb is a Radio Shack "Solder Sucker", normally
used for removing excess solder from circuit boards.  Any
similar implement should work as well.

Michael Martin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]