Walt, I think my K4 was once yours, via Dan Liebowitz and briefly Sam
DiMaggio. Sam performed some tuning on it before I bought it from
him. It's a great runner Walt, didn't know it also came with the
defoliation feature!

I'm glad I asked, because I think I've had it backwards. I've been
trying to use the cab fuel control... I can see that there's danger
of blowing the hoses if the cab valve is too tightly restricted while
the tender valve is opened up. I'll watch for that...

I'll try Walt's idea of putting a cheater bar on it so that finer
settings can be had. With our climate I haven't found the need to
work with warm/heated tender water but maybe I'll try that. The
filler valve doesn't appear to be a venting type... I've been filling
it by listening for liquid at the jet with a just-slightly cracked
valve. Any tips on filling? It seemed to be venting when I first
tried to fill it... but I think it was just blow back, etc. and I
convinced myself it was non-venting and thus went the cracked-valve
route. (A skill perfected on an old Wrightscale Porter...) Any info
on fueling is also appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

-Richard
Richard Finlayson