Yes, it's sad indeed. IF I was to sell one of my Asters on ebay the ad
would read--e.g.

"Beat up old Aster (blank) for sale. Scratchily assembled by old man. Many
many hours of running,  two wrecks, three track fires. Will still fire up
if you are willing to fiddle for two hours. Comes with bottle of Tanqueray
to drink while fiddling."

Geoff