Thanks Harry,

Too many hobbyists seem to enjoy being snotty about Aster. They have been a
tremendous asset to the hobby and even if you never buy one, can't afford
to,  or never  have the intention,  they have helped you in some way or
another. The Big Boy is certainly expensive but some consider them as an
asset, like buying stock or bonds. It is a shame they sit and don't run,
but don't knock the investors--each to his own. They help keep Aster in
business which is important to many of us. Also, re Aster products, There
are very few sources  for Brit 1/32 locos and they are more expensive when
built by individuals. Aster produces what the market will bear, not to
produce them  necessarily for investors, and I have never seen them
advertise in that  manner.

So lets keep this hobby on a sensible level, we are all in it together, we
should help each other.  Example: I think this Ruby-versus- Roundhouse got
a bit out of hand--I like both and would like to have both if they  were
built to my  preferred scale.

Geoff.