At 08:27 AM 3/26/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Gang.  Still struggling with my Philly.  But I ran across a problem I
>thought some input from the experts might be advisable.

Royce,
    I agree with Phil that this is perplexing (and I agree with Graham that
C.I. is the best material in the world), but not necessarily in this case.
Short of complete lack of lubrication there aren't enough forces or heat
acting on the bits in question to result in galling, so I am preplexed.
When thinking of dissimilar metals with respect to machine or steam bearing
applications the two metals are ferrous (iron or steel) and non-ferrous
(brass, bronze, copper, babbit) so brass and bronze aren't actually
"dissimilar" in the sense we have here.  Nevertheless they shouldn't be
galling.  Brass and brass ought to be holding up just fine even with little
lubrication.

Regards,
Harry