Harry Wade wrote:

> Michael,
>          Visit your local professional plumbing and/or welding supply
house
> and ask what they have in an air/propane torch kits.  Most of them will
> have only one, or maybe two, options and they'll be hanging on the wall
for
> quick access for walk-in traffic.  Or visit the net.  Do NOT say
> Gimme-that-one to the counter man without first asking price (unless you
> don't care about price) as prices vary considerably between mfgs and
> between suppliers, but sets for general plumbing (and small boiler) use
are
> now in the $200 range (tank not included).  The particular brand I have is
> Goss, which is a cut above the usual plumbers set, but which I found on
> sale at a cut below the average.  Sievert, which Mike and others have, is
> name that gets bandied about a lot in this discussion but Sievert is in a
> different (higher) class and we don't have an exact match for it here in
> the US.
>
> Regards,
> Harry

This may be a bit more than most people in gauge 1 need, but Sulphur Springs
has a Sievert starter kit (29000-KIT) that has the regulator, hose, handle,
and  four cyclone tips for $250.00.  The kit was put together for people
building the 3/4" locomotives in Kozo Hiraoka's books so the largest burner
is probably too hot for boiler work in gauge 1.  If you are interested, you
can contact me off list at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,

Tom Eaton