Hi,
The most important question is what size torch is it?  Does it include a selection of
welding tips?  Does it include a
cutting head?  How old is it?

You can plan on paying for a rebuild of the hand piece and cutting head, say 75.00 to
100.00.  The hand piece that will
work good for boiler making is small, say 8 to 10 inches long, not including the tips.
 There are a host of brands that
have gone to the great beyond and getting tips is a chore.  The regulators and hose
should be included.  You will
most likely have to buy cylinders, add a couple of hundred more.  Then you will need a
rose bud tip for area heating
and silver brazing large items.  You can seam a boiler with a small tip and control
the temperature by adjusting the gas
pressure.  I use what used to be called an aircraft torch (no longer produced) and
like it better than my seiverts.  The
heat from the seivert makes the shop too hot to work in.  And yes, virginia, you can
melt the copper if you are not
careful.  I bought this torch in 1965.  We go back a long way.  If you want an oxy /
acetylene rig find one of the small
ones where someone is selling the entire set, cylinders and all for under $200.00

Just my .02 worth

Rich