I am behind on reading my email.
On the track damage in transport issue I borrowed from my days in N-trak and use a 12" section of track at the table joints. This keeps the end of the flex track back from the edge. I have had no damage to the end of the track. My track has 2 meter radius curves and set up measures 15' X 25'. Each curve is made up of three pieces 10" wide with an eight foot straight section in the middle that is 2' wide. For transport I bolt two sections track to track. It fits in a full size pickup or small trailer. I can set it up in one hour.

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.com/images/Steam-ups/Devries-2003/BAGRS_small.JPG

http://www.johnsgardenrailway.com/images/Steam-ups/Devries-2003/TomsFlyingScotsman2.JPG

This years steamup is fast approaching (June 19). If anyone wants to steam in West Michigan let me know.
Robb

Gary wrote:
Our club had to scrap our portable aluminum track system because of
transportation damage that always occurred to track.