While looking at the Dewitt Clinton as a candidate for a GA1 model with what
scales out to approximatly a .875 (7/8") outside diameter boiler - the
question is how small is too small ?

 I have roughly laid out the boiler  with two 1/4" o.d. smoke tubes, there
is room for perhaps three tubes but the water volume in the boiler is so
small I think it better to keep the smoke tubes in the lower 1/3 of the
boiler to get longer run times.  One has been built (not by me), the pistons
were .25 Dia. It only ran 4 minutes before water had to be added.

How would one size the meth burner for such a small boiler, would two 1/4"
dia. wick tubes be a fair match for two 1/4" dia. burner tubes?

Kindest Regards,
Pete Harjung