On Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 9:15 PM, Alex Perl wrote:
> Implemented AD/KRB/SSSD with both RH6 and RH7.
>
> RH7 no issues, as we are using auto_private_groups that was added to 1.16.1.
>
> In RH6 the issue ( sssd 1.13 ) is, that all users getting the same
> groups and it is a clear security gap.
>
> The only way to avoid this, based on the KB articles, is to use AD
> posix attributes. If we don't waht to use this setup, is there any
> other recommended way ?

In my experience, even with AD POSIX attributes where a GID is assigned to the
user, the group name does not resolve without auto_private_groups unless there
is an associated an AD group with the same GID.  In my example, we assigned
uid=gid attributes unique to each user.

Probably the best way to close the security gap on RH6 is to enforce a umask of
077.

> The example of user/group representation, where all users getting the
> same  gid=273200513(domain users) :
>
> id username uid=2755191114(ncircle) gid=273200513(domain users)
> groups=273200513(domain users)

V/r,
James Cassell