On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, at 9:00 AM, Alex Perl wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the update.
> Not sure, how auto_private_groups can resolve GID, if for RH6/SSSD1.13
> this attribute has no impact. It does the work quit well for RH7.3 and
> up, without any additional settings.
>
> Can you please elaborate more: "In my example, we assigned uid=gid
> attributes unique to each user."

We had previously assigned POSIX attributes to all users in AD. We assigned a
uidNumber to each user and also a gidNumber that is the same number as the
uidNumber for each given user.  Without auto_private_groups, I would have
expected `id user` to return a user's primary group name equal to the user
name. This did not happen, however, without turning on auto_private_groups;
instead, a bare (correct) number was shown for the primary gid, but no name was
resolved for that gid.

This was on RHEL 7.7, but I'm guessing the behavior is the same on RHEL 6; I'll
find out for sure soon.

V/r,
James Cassell