On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 03:19:09PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Chris Mullins wrote:
>
> > I think the IDEAL option is MEP:
>
> If we were redesigning things from scratch, probably.
>
> But we're not redesigning things from scratch. :)

What are we're doing then? Patching/Hacking up nearly 10 year old
standards so that they do something similiar to what we want?

(I don't neccessarly vote for Nicks over Pubsub here,
even though it's a nice application of Pubsub once again,
I think it should at least be tried in a sample implementation.
Unfortunately that would be a lot of work for nothing.)

> Breaking changes are bad.
>
> How can we meet people's needs without breaking things?

By breaking the people.

Robin