On 8/9/07, XMPP Extensions Editor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Version 0.1 of XEP-0224 (Attention) has been released.

I'd like to comment this version little bit:

1) Headline messages are not "normal messages which aren't to be
stored offline". They serve another goal (see section 2.1.1 of RFC
3921) and cannot (or shouldn't?) be a part of any conversation. So, I
think that it's inappropriate to use headline messages for attention
purpose. If the message shouldn't be stored offline then it should use
AMP (XEP-0079) for example.

2) Since advertising of attention feature is supposed to depend on a
recipient (and even on time since it can be turned on/off) it looks
like any compliant client should make a disco#info query before ANY
attention message sent. Isn't it an overkill?

3) (Theoretical question) If we look at client capabilities XEP (115)
we may see that it reaches it's purpose if a features list isn't
changed (since the last sent presence at least) and is the same for
all members in the user's roster. Is this "floating feature" (which
can be switched on/off) really compatible with XEP-0115?

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan