On 8/10/07, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sergei Golovan wrote:
> >
> > This message looks like <iq/> but <iq/> is better because the
> > recipient may receive result in case of accepted attention or error in
> > case of ignored one. The ability of getting a response even makes
> > disco#info queries unnecessary.
>
> Yes this seems like an acceptable use of IQ to me, though I don't know
> if you really need a response to an attention request.

Yes, I'd like to know if my attention request wasn't ignored by a
recipient's client.

> > I'd not call a responding on disco#info and disco#items query per
> > recipient an overkill.
>
> In this case it seems like overkill to me -- the client needs to keep

You're right that in case of attention support it's an overkill. So,
I'd remove several MUSTs from the XEP. Namely, I don't feel that
disco#info querying is necessary before alerting and I don't think
that the advertising must be switched off when it's disabled. (There
are too many MUSTs in the XEP. I'd remove all of them, actually.)

--
Sergei Golovan