Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 wrote:
Speaking of compression, I think we should consider adding the w3's efficient
xml interchange (exi) support to xep-138. The testing results I've seen for EXI
indicate that in many circumstances it is quite a bit better than zlib or tls
compression. In addition to better b/w utilization use of exi within the xmpp
router could potentially lead to dramatically improved scalability as binary
xml is far more efficient to process.

Interesting note on what I was trying to get at with DIME.

"7.1.1 Binary

Values typed as Binary are represented as a length-prefixed sequence of octets representing the binary content. The length is represented as an Unsigned Integer (see 7.1.6 Unsigned Integer)."

Suddenly it all becomes plausible. No need for Base64.

boyd

*snip*

Regards,
 Jonathan Dickinson