Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Boyd Fletcher wrote:
>
>> I was thinking we would just add it to XEP-138 instead of writing a
>> new XEP.
>
> I'm really opposed to changing XEPs to add new features, particularly
> ones that are:
> a) widely deployed
> b) designed to be extensible, with a registry to define the extension
> points
>
> There's no reason why this can't be a new XEP, and leave the existing
> XEP completely unmodified.

We did add a mention of the LZW method to XEP-0138 (then JEP-0138) in
late 2005, but our approach to updating specificiations was less formal
back then. I agree that a small XEP about this would be appropriate,
then we can add a reference from XEP-0138 to the new spec.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/