Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> 6.5 Web integration / HTTP / SSO / OAuth / OpenID
>
> - not a great deal of interest, it seems
> - but there is interest in the HTTP world
> - XMPP as a window onto web-based services
> - great source of content / eventing for XMPP-based services
> - need way to put OpenID in XMPP user profile (XEP-0154)
> - list JID at OpenID provider page
> - <link type='???' href='xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'/>
> - use XMPP to federate HTTP silos

One of the items we talked about was auto-discovery of pubsub nodes
associated with a resource such as a web page. For instance, let's say
that from my blog <https://stpeter.im/> I also push out an Atom feed via
a PEP node at my JID <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (yes, PEP nodes are
coming soon once we upgrade to ejabberd 2.0.0 at the jabber.org IM
service, but who is writing the WordPress plugin for this feature? ;-).

Ralph Meijer suggested that at my blog I would include something like
the following in the document <head>...

<link rel='alternate'
      type='xxxx'
      href='xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'/>

The question is, what should the "type" be? The value is merely advisory
but is supposed to be a MIME type. However, there is no MIME type for
XMPP, although we once thought about defining one:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0081.html

The MIME type we envisioned defining was "application/jabber+xml"
(similar to "application/atom+xml" for the Atom protocol). Does it make
sense to pursue this approach again, or at least to define a MIME type
for XMPP? If so, at this point I'm sure we would change it to
"application/xmpp+xml".

Ralph and others, what do you think?

Peter

--