Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>> 6.5 Web integration / HTTP / SSO / OAuth / OpenID
>>
>> - not a great deal of interest, it seems
>> - but there is interest in the HTTP world
>> - XMPP as a window onto web-based services
>> - great source of content / eventing for XMPP-based services
>> - need way to put OpenID in XMPP user profile (XEP-0154)
>> - list JID at OpenID provider page
>> - <link type='???' href='xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'/>
>> - use XMPP to federate HTTP silos
>
> One of the items we talked about was auto-discovery of pubsub nodes
> associated with a resource such as a web page. For instance, let's say
> that from my blog <https://stpeter.im/> I also push out an Atom feed via
> a PEP node at my JID <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (yes, PEP nodes are
> coming soon once we upgrade to ejabberd 2.0.0 at the jabber.org IM
> service, but who is writing the WordPress plugin for this feature? ;-).
>
> Ralph Meijer suggested that at my blog I would include something like
> the following in the document <head>...
>
> <link rel='alternate'
>       type='xxxx'
>       href='xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'/>
>
> The question is, what should the "type" be?

Ralph and I chatted about this today. We provisionally concluded that we
don't need the 'type' and that the href should point to a pubsub node
(in this case), either a PEP node or a generic pubsub node, such as:

xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED];node=blog-node

xmpp:pubsub.jabber.org?;node=one-small-voice

I wonder if we need a wrapper namespace for blog nodes (where Atom is
the payload), but that's probably a separate topic.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/