Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In fact that's a members-only room, as currently defined in the XEP (nothing special about ejabberd there). The joining user doesn't
present an invitation, instead the MUC service adds the joining user
to the member list when the invitation is sent through the room, and
then checks the member list when the person joins.

Exactly that was my point. We already have invite-only, sort of :).
But this will fail with direct MUC invitations :(.

Here are the options:

1. use mediated invitation, chatrooms fails for people with privacy lists (and all Google Talk users)

2. use direct invitation, chatroom join fails only for members-only rooms (if room owner/admin is too lazy to add the invitee to the member list first)

   2a. define fancy protocol flow for handling members-only rooms

I prefer (2) and it remains to be seen if (2a) is needed.

/psa