Hi,

While reviewing XEP-0186 just now, I noticed that when a resource goes
invisible, its server must send presence of type unavailable from that
resource. As far as I can see, when a contact's server receives
unavailable presence from the user (and if the user+contact have a
two-way presence subscription), it will stop sending presence updates to
the user (if that was the last online resource for the user). This
somewhat defeats the purpose of invisibility, no? The implication is
that the user's information about the presence of its contacts will soon
become stale. But I suppose that's one price you pay for invisibility,
which I continue to think is a stupid concept anyway. :)

I thought we gave up with invisibility anyway. Especially that this can
be quite easily achieved with privacy lists without those unwanted side
effects. And privacy lists give us much more flexibility to set invisibility
for a single user, group.....

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc