> Aren't section "6.2 Discovering Capabilities" and "7. Determining
> Support" nearly the same?

6.2 is about how caps information relates to the actual result of disco info.
7 describes what things you should advertise to announce your support
for XEP-115. Every XEP has a section on what namespaces it uses. This
one is just an edge case because you can determine support through the
type of presence stanzas it sends, but still, this is the standard way
of announcing support.

> Moreover I would even add that the classical service discovery from
> section 7 should be deprecated when both entities know how to use the
> caps extension.

You can never deprecate service discovery, because caps builds on it.
Without service discovery, there is no caps.

> If all communicating entities supports "caps", there should be no
> service discovery information request sent other than one to learn the
> features associated to a caps information (section 6.2).

Yes, there should: if the information is not cached yet. Section 5.4,
bullet 3.8 says that you should cache the result, which is another way
of stating that you shouldn't do disco request floods anymore. I guess
it doesn't hurt to make it more explicit.

cheers,
Remko