On Thu Dec 11 01:00:44 2008, Jehan wrote:
in the list of disco features (
http://xmpp.org/registrar/disco-features.html ), are we supposed to have every proposed namespace? Because I don't find for instance "XEP-0168:
Resource Application Priority" ('urn:xmpp:rap:0' and
'urn:xmpp:raproute:0') or "XEP-0048: Bookmarks" ('storage:bookmarks').
And probably other are missing as well.

Only those intended to be discoverable should be listed there. Some aren't, Bookmarks being one of them.

They seem to be listed by alphabetical order, can I consider the
alphabetical order if I need to sort the features for the generation
method of the verification string in "XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities"?

I'm not sure what you mean here - XEP-0115 doesn't use alphabetical ordering anyway, and is very clear on how things should be ordered. This is just as well, because "alphabetical order" is not a constant. (Try living in my area, where there are at least three alphabetical orders in use.)

Hence we instead pick "i;octet", which avoids the entire issue, and happens to look a bit like alphabetical ordering to Americans.

Shouldn't this be changed in section 5.1, for points 2 and 4 (sorting identities and features), rather than linking to the respective lists?
This is a more generic and easy method...

Not sure what you mean here.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 - http://dave.cridland.net/