On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:

> I meant your locally-assigned IPv4 or IPv6 address, not your MAC
> address. My bad.

Penitenziagite! :D Yep, now I get the point and it makes sense

>> Besides that there is one more reference we are starting using: RFID
>> addresses, which allow to pinpoint the exact position of the device.

The only problem is that there are few different id schemes (e.g EPC,
96bits; iso 15693, 64 bits and other proprietary). Somewhere there urn
schemes allowing the mapping between the different standards, but a
solution like this should be general enough:
<type>rfid</type>
<id>idscheme:id</id>

(need to do some more research for confirming)

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Ooros srl