> On 3/7/09 10:45 AM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

>>> Right, that's possible, although I'd suggest we actually made the
>>> default to reconnect on the same address as before (ie, the same IP
>>> address and port).
>> If the server doesn't specify, then yes, SHOULD connect back to the same
>> IP/port.
>
> Agreed.

The phrase "when the server gives stream features for resumption" could
mean two things:

1. Whenever a server that supports stream resumption sends stream features.

OR

2. When a server sends stream features to an initiating entity that is
attemping to resume a session.

Given that #2 involves mind-reading, I think we mean #1. But isn't it
possible that the host+port to which a client reconnects is not known at
the time the server sends stream features? (The exception would seem to
be that the server sends the client to some kind of load balancer.)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/