On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 05:03:29PM -0700, Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Thursday 19 March 2009 16:52:14 Robin Redeker wrote:
> > Thats the same as this IMO:
> >
> >   C: <message/>
> >   C: <message/>
> >   C: <message/>
> >   C: <message/>
> >   C: <r u='4'/>
> >
> >   S: <a h='4'/>
>
> That's not reliable though.  What you want to do is this:
>
>   C: <message/>
>   C: <a u='1'/>
>   C: <message/>
>   C: <a u='2'/>
>   C: <message/>
>   C: <a u='3'/>
>   C: <message/>
>   C: <a u='4'/>
>
> That way, if the connection dies in the middle somewhere, it can be resumed
> properly.  So, you want to be able to indicate 'u' without requiring that the
> other side ack immediately.

I thought, from reading the XEP, that the sequence number indicates
the number of stanzas sent. It seemed so obvious to me :)

+1 for the idea in the other part of this thread about making the 'u' update
implicit with each stanza. It never felt safe to me to seperate the request for
acknowledgement from the thing that is to be sent over the stream.

   Robin

--
Robin Redeker                         | Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
el...@ta-sa.org / r.rede...@gmail.com | http://www.deliantra.net